Friday, October 7, 2011

Halloween Candy Corn

We made our candy corn sun catchers today and they turned out really cute! They look so good in my classroom windows.

Here's what we did...
1. I placed a sheet of contact paper and a black outline on each student's desk (see previous post for a link to Lindsey's blog).
2. I gave the students the orange, yellow, and white tissue paper squares and let them "go to town" creating their candy corn.
3. Students *carefully* cut out their candy corn.
4. Hung them in our windows and gawked at our new Halloween decorations.

Here are a few pictures.

The finished product (before he cut it out). 
I really wish I could show you his face because he is chEEEEsin' in this picture! 
He was so proud! 



The kiddos did a great job and they turned out really good. 
(Please ignore the dirty window and the awful view we have.)

Check out The Teacher Wife for the patterns and a tutorial for the way she completed this project. 

Have a great night,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment... Make my day!